Whether your ROKU TV is freezing, has fluctuation issues, or you are facing an audio problem, resetting can get rid you all of these issues.
Below, we have provided you with a complete step-by-step guide for resetting the ROKU TV. Instead of just one method of resetting, we have provided two different methods to reset the ROKU TV. So, you can reset the ROKU TV with & without the remote.
Just like every other gadget, resetting your ROKU TV can resolve plenty of problems including sound issues, display issues, lagging issues, and much more.
However, not everybody knows the exact procedure for resetting the ROKU TV. Thus, we have compiled this complete step-by-step guide, in which we have provided you with two different methods for resetting your ROKU TV, with, and without using the remote.
The most convenient method of resetting the ROKU TV is by using the remote, in this way, you do not have to locate the reset button on the back of the TV and do all the hassle that comes with it.
Below, we have mentioned steps for resetting the ROKU TV by using the remote.
- On your ROKU TV remote, press the “Home” button.
- Scroll down the “Menu”, and select “Settings”.
- Afterward, choose “System Settings” from the given menu.
- Go to the “Advanced System Settings”.
- Finally, select the “Factory Reset” option.
- Follow the on-screen provided instructions, and you are good to go.
If you have lost your ROKU TV remote, don’t get upset, you can still reset the TV if you do not have the remote for the ROKU TV.
Below are the steps required for resetting a ROKU TV without needing the remote.
- Firstly, you need to locate the reset button on the side of your TV, within close proximity to HDMI cables, etc.
- There would be “Reset” written alongside this tiny button.
- Now, using a paperclip, or pin, you need to press, and hold this button for at least 20 seconds while the TV is switched on.
- After 20 seconds, your ROKU TV would now be resettled, and it would automatically restart when the reset process on the TV is done.
Below, we have mentioned steps for resetting a TCL TOKU TV, follow the below-mentioned steps to reset the TCL ROKU TV by using the remote.
- Firstly, you need to press the “Home” button on your TCL TV.
- Afterward, you need to go to the “System”.
- Scroll down, and go to “Advanced System Settings”.
- Select the “Factory Reset” option from the provided settings.
- Finally, select the “Factory Reset Everything” option, and everything on the TCL ROKU TV would be reset now.
The best way to reset the Hisense ROKU TV is by using the reset button present on the side of the Hisense TV. By using the Hisense ROKU TV reset button, you can easily reset the Hisense ROKU TV without any fuss.
All you have to do is to press and hold the reset button on the TV while it is turned on, and then you have to keep it pressed for 20 seconds until the TV restarts, and then you can release the button.
After the Hisense ROKU TV restarts, the Hisense TV would be reset to the factory default settings.
If there is no picture on the ROKU TV, then resetting it is possible only by using the physical keys on the ROKU TV. You need to turn on the TV, and then press the reset button with the help of a paperclip or pin, and you need to keep holding the reset button on the TV for about 20 seconds, and then you have to let it go.
Your TV would reboot now, and when the TV would restart, it would be reset to factory default settings, and if the black screen was due to the software settings, you should have the screen now.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where is the Reset Button Located on the ROKU TV?
The reset button on the ROKU TV is located on the sides, close to the HDMI port, and there is written “RESET” above it.
What is the Difference Between Rebooting & Factory Reset?
There is a huge difference between rebooting and factory resetting. Rebooting the TV means, the TV would be power-cycled or in clearer words, would be restarted. On the other hand, factory resetting a TV means that the entire data and settings on the TV would be cleared.
Is It Possible for the ROKU TV to Reset Without a Remote?
Yes, it is possible for the ROKU TV to reset without the remote. Above, we have compiled a complete method for resetting the ROKU TV without using the remote.
In this guide, we have provided you with two different methods for resetting the ROKU TV. If you have the remote, then you can use the remote for resetting the ROKU TV.
On the other hand, if you do not have a remote, you can also use the direct method for resetting the ROKU TV.
Also, we have provided you with methods for resetting the ROKU TV in different scenarios like no display, etc.